ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2014-12-25 06:40:06

asparatu

CellDataFormatFlag.Number?

Hello Jing,
   I have question about this CellFormatFlag.. Does this just let numbers only with copy and paste?

i have this code to only let me use numbers only? or do still need it for what i am trying to do?

Also, How do you use DrawToBitmap function? does make image of what is the highlighted area or selected range?

Private Sub rgMainControl_BeforePaste(sender As Object, e As BeforeRangeOperationEventArgs) Handles rgMainControl.BeforePaste
        Dim data(,) As Object
        Dim range As ReoGridRange

'WorkSheet Settings
        'Checks to see if the paste is numeric or alpha
        With rgMainControl
            data = RGUtility.ParseTabbedString(Clipboard.GetText)

range = New ReoGridRange(.SelectionRange.Row, .SelectionRange.Col, data.GetLength(0), data.GetLength(1))

For i As Integer = 0 To data.GetLength(0) - 1
                For j As Integer = 0 To data.GetLength(1) - 1
                    If Not IsNumeric(data(i, j)) Then
                        e.IsCancelled = True
                        data(i, j) = Nothing
                    End If
                Next
            Next
        End With

'WorkBook Settings
        With rgMainControlContainer
            .DoAction(New SetRangeDataAction(range, data))
        End With
    End Sub

and this checks also if the cell data is number also

Private Sub rgMainControl_CellDataChanged(sender As Object, e As CellEventArgs) Handles rgMainControl.CellDataChanged
        'Checks to see if the create the grid and if so exit the sub.
        If m_blnSetup Then Exit Sub

'checks to see what row if the rows are 0 or 1 and exit the sub
        If e.Cell.Row = 0 Then Exit Sub

'Checks to see if values in the cell are numeric and also all cells are filled.
        With rgMainControl
            If e.Cell.Column = (.ColumnCount - 1) Then
                If Not .Cells(e.Cell.Row, (.ColumnCount - 1)).Data Is Nothing Then
                    If IsNumeric(.Cells(e.Cell.Row, (.ColumnCount - 1)).Data.ToString) Then
                        dtFactorData.Rows((e.Cell.Row - 1))("GreenYData") = CDbl(.Cells(e.Cell.Row, (.ColumnCount - 1)).Data.ToString)
                    End If
                End If
            End If
        End With

'Checks to see if the can enable the next button
        Call CheckDataCompletion()
    End Sub

#2 2014-12-25 07:36:45

Jingwood

Re: CellDataFormatFlag.Number?

Hi, CellDataFormatFlag is only used for cell display format, it cannot be used to validate the cell data. But I think the data validation would be useful, it's possible to make another feature that is similar as the 'Data Validation' in Excel available from next version (the 0.8.8.3 will be a maintaining release, this might be available from 0.8.8.4).

I just found that DrawToBitmap method doesn't work properly; It will be fixed from next release, and I will try to implement the feature that can render specified range.

#3 2014-12-25 11:47:30

asparatu

Re: CellDataFormatFlag.Number?

Hello Jing,
   Thank you.. I will wait for you maintenance release.. That would be good idea if you add data validation into the control, Even though the  code works good.. I think would be little easier because you can have it handle everything..

Shane

Board footer