Multiple Format Support
ReoGrid supports loading and saving Excel xlsx file format, import and export CSV file, output spreadsheet to printer or preview on screen, generate worksheet as HTML or PDF (0.8.9).
Workbook Input & Output API
ReoGrid control itself is workbook, both screen workbook control and memory workbook has same APIs.
var workbook = reoGridControl;
To load Excel workbook:
ReoGrid will create and load all worksheets from the Excel file automatically. To save Excel file:
- Input/Output entire workbook (all worksheets)
- Row and column header settings (visible, size, etc.)
- Cell styles (font, color, alignment, etc.)
- Borders (color and styles)
- Cell value and data formats (number, currency, percent, etc.)
- Formulas (reference relations and calculation chain)
- Named range definitions
- Floating objects
Planned to be available
Not supported yet
Currently some features from Excel that are not supported by ReoGrid:
- Conditional Triggers & Style theme
- Pivot Table & Database connection
- Some formula functions & VBA
Available function list
ReoGrid provides on-screen component that has the ability to show and edit spreadsheet, as well as invisible component that works in memory to handle spreadsheet data, such as importing and exporting Excel files. By using the memory workbook, ReoGrid can also work for other types of application like web application.
Typical usage of memory workbook
Create memory workbook instance, then load or save spreadsheet as Excel format.
// create memory workbook var workbook = ReoGridControl.CreateMemoryWorkbook(); // load Excel workbook from stream workbook.Load(stream, FileFormat.Excel2007); // save stream as Excel workbook workbook.Save(stream, FileFormat.Excel2007);
Learn more about workbook.