ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2016-09-15 12:53:27

mspadini

Issue on formats opening XLSX file

Good morning, it's my first post on this forum. Sorry in advance for my english, I'm an italian user.
I'm evaluating to use Reogrid component to develop a simple application to distribute Excel-like reporting (using Excel templates filled from code) but I get stucked at the first use. I just tried to open a sample xlsx I created using Excel2013 through both Reogrid Editor and Reogrid component on a Windows form project but the result is that formats and fonts are completely changed.
My sample XLSX file il very simple: first two rows and first column are frozen and background colored, I put some sample text in a few cells: Reogrid shows the frozen rows with a completely different heigth (1700 pixels!) and change or lose background colors...
Am I doing something wrong? Reading documentation available on the website I understand that I could open an XLSX create with Excel without any problem (except for features only available in pro version) and this is basilar in my decision of using Reogrid in my project. Am I wrong? Are there some guidelines to follow to make XLSX files fully compatible with Reogrid? I think this component is very powerful and easy to use, compared to other similar but I have to be sure it fits my needs...I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find any answer in documentation or forum (if it exists...please tell me where I can find it).

These are some images of what I get:

Excel printscreen

As it appears from Reogrid Editor when I open it

As it appears from Reogrid Editor after I resized frozen rows height

I'm trying this with Reogrid 1.3.0 free version.
Thanks in adwance for any help!

#2 2016-09-16 05:18:08

Jingwood

Re: Issue on formats opening XLSX file

It seems that ReoGrid cannot parse correctly your Excel file, maybe it is because of some number format from the Italia culture, like 3,6 and 3.6.

Can you please send your Excel file to me: jing@reogrid.net

I will check the error details to find a solution.

Last edited by Jingwood (2016-09-16 05:33:17)

Board footer