ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2014-10-20 07:15:48

dariex

Several disadvantages of reogrid control

Hi,
First of all I'd like to express my delight regarding this control. Really good job.
But I have few notes:
1. When I set cell property Readonly = True it prevents cell form updating (this is what I want), but Paste still works on this cell and one can change the value of the cell by CTRL+V and the cell is no longer readonly.
2. Regarding NamedRanges: I search all over the reogrid Editor (and the whole web too), but couldn't find the possibility to delete or change the referenced cell. In other words once the NamedRange has assigned you can't delete it (the NAME), or change the address (to reference to other range).
3. This creates BIG trouble: When I assign NAME (NamedRange) to the cell (say to the cell with address "A8") and then I added new rows before this cell (or remove the existing ones) the namedRange is still referenced to the old cell ("A8"). In Excel when new rows are added before the NAMED cell all the NAMES are re-referenced to the new location of the referenced cell (hope you understand). Can you change this behavior like excel do?
4. Some of the cell's values are displayed with cut edge   

That's it for now.

Thanks in advance
Ilia Mamukashvili
Tbilisi, Georgia

#2 2014-10-21 01:18:11

Jingwood

Re: Several disadvantages of reogrid control

Thanks!

1. Something wrong in paste (maybe from 0.8.7), I will provide you a fixed version soon. (It is the preview of 0.8.8)
2. How about the method 'RemoveNamedRange' from worksheet. (I will fix the documentation to add this)
3. Change references automatically currently is not supported, I will try to add this behavior like Excel do. (Updating references after inserting and removing cells might spend a few of time, I have been finding a way to keep high performance)
4. It will be fixed in the preview version.

best, Jing

#3 2014-12-07 03:25:09

asparatu

Hello Jing,
        I want to say also, you are doing wonderful job on this control! I have spreadsheet control that was going to buy, but now i am going to replace it with yours because it better..

dariex wrote:

1. When I set cell property Readonly = True it prevents cell form updating (this is what I want), but Paste still works on this cell and one can change the value of the cell by CTRL+V and the cell is no longer readonly.

I have notice from version 8.6.2 that Readonly makes the cell readonly but you can press the backspace key and delete key and it will delete the text in the cells, I have tested this in the version 8.7 and it still does it.

Shane

Last edited by asparatu (2014-12-07 03:37:10)

#4 2014-12-16 00:47:29

Jingwood

1. Resolved (v0.8.8.0)
2. NameManager added in Editor, UndefineNamedRange API added (v0.8.8.2)
3. Resolved (v0.8.8.2)
4. Resolved (v0.8.8.0)

Board footer