ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2016-12-11 20:08:59

Tao

Excel edit behavior

Hi Jing,

I really like your project. I am using ReoGrid in a C# WPF application, released the first version to user.

My users, who are mostly reinsurance underwriters came to me, and told me they miss a specific feature of excel. They have years of experience in that tool.

What they want back as a excel functionality is that:

when editing a cell, press Tab will move the highlight border to the cell right of it, while press Enter will move the highlight border to the cell below it.

Is there a easy way to make this behavior happen in ReoGrid? Or I need catch events to manually navigate the cell highlight?

BTW. Could you please think about it and make it happen in a future release? I know this is a small thing, but user's habit is hard to kill.

Best regards
Tao

#2 2016-12-15 23:05:38

Tao

Re: Excel edit behavior

Hi,

I found out that the behavior described above applied to WPF version of the Grid only. Then I solved the issue by hosting the WinForm version of the ReoGrid in my WPF application.

Still it would be nice that WPF version of ReoGrid catches up.

Thanks
Tao

#3 2016-12-18 05:38:24

Jingwood

Re: Excel edit behavior

Thanks Tao! Hope ReoGrid helps you.

Enter and Tab moving inside selection range is a todo feature, but sorry currently I haven't enough time to do that. That will be great if someone can implement it and submit the change to latest source.

I never tried to host a WinForm edition control in a WPF window but many users report that they can use ReoGrid like that.

Sorry my late reply!
Jing

Board footer