ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2016-05-19 13:23:48

brian.shankland

Excel File Save

I've noticed some discrepancies when saving to Excel.

I load an excel document into the ReoGrid which, and the sheet is displayed correctly as I had seen it from within Excel.
When I perform a save to a different file and load with Excel the sheet has not got the correct formatting, ie the save version is not the same as what was loaded.

1. Column widths have changed from 5 to 8.43 (Excel width units).
2. Row heights have also changed, some smaller some larger than before.
3. Cells that originally had no entry (so could have text flow over them from a cell to their left) now have a "blank" entry which prevents this from happening.

As 8.43 is the default column width in Excel I think this is not being set during the same process.

From looking at the xml file version of the same I can see that the cells which are empty are correctly not included, but these have been assigned some invisible blank value when saving with the excel file format. Is there an option to prevent this or is it something you were unaware of.

I can email the original excel as well as the saved version of excel and xml if you need these to investigate.

Thanks.

#2 2016-05-19 14:53:38

Jingwood

Re: Excel File Save

Column width and row height are determined by many conditions, especially the column width that is determined by the default font of Windows system environment.

What is your language(culture) of windows system? If you know please tell me that what is the default font in your Windows system.

Please send me your Excel file to my mailbox: jing at reogrid.net

Thanks, Jing

#3 2016-05-20 09:05:17

brian.shankland

Email sent.

#4 2016-05-20 12:53:07

brian.shankland

Further information for investigation.
Strangely it ties up with my later reported issues on losing the right and bottom border (last row and column borders missing).

I noticed that after including the workaround for that issue ie allowing for an additional row and column to what was needed for the form, the saving problem with the incorrect column widths fixed itself.

So if after loading the Excel document I emailed you:
CurrentSheet.Rows = maxRowIndex + 1; //62
CurrentSheet.Columns = maxColumnIndex + 1; //23

causes the save to have incorrect column widths and some incorrect row heights but:

CurrentSheet.Rows = maxRowIndex + 2; //63
CurrentSheet.Columns = maxColumnIndex + 2; //24

causes the save to cork correctly.

Can continue investigation questions / answers on email if you prefer.

#5 2016-05-26 14:29:06

Jingwood

This problem has been fixed in version 1.3, the download available at https://reogrid.net/download

Thanks for report!

Board footer