ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2014-10-24 18:43:45

SoundOfMind

Error building Demo from source with reogrid-0.8.6.pfx certificate

I am using VS Express 2013 for Windows Desktop.  I tried building the demo from source (ReoGrid-0.8.7.0-Beta-Demo-Source\Demo) and received the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2618,5): error MSB3325: Cannot import the following key file: reogrid-0.8.6.pfx. The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or manually install the certificate to the Strong Name CSP with the following key container name: VS_KEY_8FC7E0789560230D

I'm not familiar with using pfx keys, but did double click on the file and tried to enter the password, which failed.

May I ask why this key is required???

I did find a solution, in case anyone else runs across this problem.  Here is the link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2815 … ord-protec

Search for "I spoke too soon! Rebuild brought the errors back into play..." on that page.  I clarified the procedure:
Right click on the Demo project in Solution Explorer and right click on reogrid-0.8.6.pfx, choosing Exclude From Project.  Right click again on the Demo project, Add Existing Item, changing the search to "All Files" and now include reogrid-0.8.6.pfx in the project again.

Thanks,
Cal

#2 2014-11-06 03:02:22

Jingwood

Re: Error building Demo from source with reogrid-0.8.6.pfx certificate

Hi, please just remove the 'Strong-name signing', then it will not require key anymore.

Open the property page of Demo project, choose 'Signing' tab, and uncheck the 'Sign the assembly'.

I will also remove this 'Strong-name signing' for demo project from next release.

thanks, Jing

Last edited by Jingwood (2014-11-06 04:01:39)

Board footer