ReoGrid Forum

Fast and powerful .NET Spreadsheet Component

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been archived and no longer accepts new user registrations. Please report your questions, problems, and feedback to the issue page of ReoGrid on GitHub. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://github.com/unvell/ReoGrid/issues

#1 2015-09-21 18:49:22

CopyPaul

How to correctly reference ReoGrid 0.8.9.3

I was looking for a package that would allow me to add a spreadsheet control to my Windows Form project and came across ReoGrid.

I've added the reference to the dll through nuget to my project and I'm trying to code the displaying of images and/or thumbnails of images to the sheet.  I'm saving the said images to a sql server database. So I need to know how programmatically fill each column (there is one image column per row). I am displaying the images on another form and I am not concerned about update/select the images on the spreadsheet (no update event) only a click which passes the info to another form.

For the other type of data I had no problem but I am having a hard time with images.  I've looked through the forum and notice some questions on images.

I don't have a xaml config file in my project, I am just "using unvell.ReoGrid;" in the form I need and I am having a hard time referencing things like:

Worksheet ws = reoGridControl1.Worksheets[0];
ws[11, 24] = new ImageCell(sigImage.Image);

My project does not know the namespace for Worksheet and/or ImageCell.

The way I added the control was to add the reference and then selected the control and dragged it to the form.

I may be missing something basic, help would be greatly appreciated

Paul

#2 2015-09-22 11:51:30

Jingwood

Re: How to correctly reference ReoGrid 0.8.9.3

Hi Paul!

If you install by NuGet, reference added automatically.

If you install manually, right click on 'References' of project solution, choose 'Add Reference', select the file 'unvell.ReoGrid.DLL' from '0.8.9.3-Beta-Release' folder.

Or, if you want to add ReoGrid on Toolbar box of Visual Studio, follow by this guideline: https://reogrid.net/document/installation/

Choose one of above to install ReoGrid, please don't use mixed them, and check your project .NET framework run-time requirement, it should be greater than .NET 3.5 (including .NET 3.5 or .NET 3.5 Client Profile).

Compared to a normal .NET DLL reference, there is no special installation requirements for ReoGrid.

Regards, Jing

Last edited by Jingwood (2015-09-22 11:54:29)

#3 2015-09-22 16:38:41

CopyPaul

Thank you for your answer.

I was using the control just by dragging it from the toolbox menu.  Creating it programmatically as the documentation show is the same thing. I am now creating via code as shown in the docs.

I am still having problems. I can create the control, set the dockstyle, add to the Form and even populate cells that are not an image.

In the documentation you show

var sheet = grid.CurrentWorksheet;   as I mentioned the var grid creates OK but there is no "CurrentWorksheet" in the popup window options, and I have the dll reference "using unvell.ReoGrid" in my code.

I must be doing something wrong, please help, Here are the ReiGrid snippets:

using unvell.ReoGrid;

public partial class JobSheet : Form
    {
        public unvell.ReoGrid.ReoGridControl grid1 = new unvell.ReoGrid.ReoGridControl();
        private void JobSheet_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
            grid1.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
            this.Controls.Add(grid1);
            var sheet = grid1.   <-- this is where I am having a problem

#4 2015-09-23 12:28:17

Jingwood

Could you send me your solution that has the reference problem? mail to: jing at reogrid.net.

Thanks, Jing

#5 2015-09-23 14:02:57

CopyPaul

Jing,

The project has about 15 forms. I am using the control in 1 Form. I am going to create a new solution with just the form that uses the grid and email you by tomorrow

Paul

#6 2015-09-25 19:58:15

CopyPaul

Jing,

I sent the reduced project to your email yesterday, did you receive it?

Paul

#7 2015-09-25 22:48:59

Jingwood

Paul I haven't received your mail. I sent to you mail and please try reply me.

#8 2015-09-26 02:08:05

Jingwood

I have received your mail. Thanks. Your solution uses a very old version of ReoGrid control - 0.8.5.0, which doesn't support multiple worksheet. Please update ReoGrid DLL file with the latest version.

Last edited by Jingwood (2015-09-26 02:09:45)

#9 2015-09-26 17:24:28

CopyPaul

Jing,

I used this command in the nuget console to get the dll  ->  "Install-Package unvell.ReoGrid.dll"   how to I modify it to get the latest version?

#10 2015-09-26 17:28:22

CopyPaul

Never mind, it worked now.  I had issued the same command last week and somehow installed the wrong version.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Board footer